Tuesday, August 25, 2015

...former Americans against the Democrat(ic) Party...

I've been spending a lot of time on social media of late. Go ahead and shoot me, but I like opinion articles. I follow a lot of Facebook pages and Twitter accounts (Instagram I save for fun)...I do appreciate all viewpoints, even from (what I consider) evil pages like Occupy Democrat (yes, I don't know why a progressive, no, an anti-conservative site would leave out the "ic" as in Democrat-ic) and I also like just plain partisan pages like the Huffington Post and Breitbart.com...one thing for sure though...there are A LOT of whack-os out there...


Speaking of the Occupy Democrat(ic) page...they hate it when you call them the Democrat Party, so I'm just trying to be respectful here...but speaking of the OD page, pick a topic, any topic and OD will find a way to blame a Republican (no problem), a Conservative (at times), or all who aren't OD (hold on there, Arlo)...I've noticed it often, but more predominately from the left, that there are a bunch of  "anti" or "against" pages on the Internet...therefore...


I am going to start my own Facebook page, entitled "Former Americans against the Democrat(ic) Party." Well, when I get around to it, that is...at any rate, since we like being against people, places, or things, I thought I'd jump into the mix...sort of like I did with football teams...for instance, the Oakland Raiders...a loyal fan base, to say the least. The majority of Oakland/LA Raiders' fans love to hate other teams (especially the 49ers, the Broncos, and the Chiefs) almost to the point it appears they care less about their own team's success than the fate of their "enemies."


After attending a 49ers-Raiders' game (AT the old Candlestick Park, home of the 49ers) and being seated among at least a dozen Raiders' fans for every 49ers' fan, I witnessed first hand what needed to be done. Raiders' fans were abusive to the extreme and despite it only being a preseason game, they continued berating everyone within earshot, almost ignoring the action on the field (they were winning, by the way), only cheering when a 49ers' player was injured and carried off the field. I thereafter decided to become an anti-Raiders' fan...and would "root for whichever" team was facing the Raiders that particular week.


Many were amused, more were bewildered, and some were (even) outraged that I wasn't a "fan of ANY football team," and chose to spread my allegiances in such a manner. I shrugged my shoulders and thought, "oh well, I've never really been a fan of any particular team anyway, so..." However, seeing the reaction for something as pedestrian (and meaningless in the long term) as football, it appears to be an appropriate mind set to take toward what has (now) become an ideological war (a political football, if you will) in our country today.


So, that's it...I guess it's time to "fight fire with fire." I've always treated this blog with a humorous, quasi-neutral approach to politics, opting not to follow or endorse any candidate or Party. No, not even Donald Trump, a post for another day, but a clear indication the country is sick of the bifurcated nature of politics today, ESPECIALLY in the last 15 or so years. So, "Former Americans against the Democrat(ic) Party," it is...why former, you ask? Well, as I've stated clearly in previous posts, I believe we are past the "point of no return," and the Democrat(ic)s may have already bought the farm. I just hope they understand the harvest doesn't come in the mail each month...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]