Thursday, August 13, 2015

Maybe I AM the problem...

I've been away for several weeks...busy moving...and yes, 2015 marks the first time in years I will not be a resident of the State of California. I know, I know, I wimped out and took the "Gray Train," to Nevada last year...and now, bought a house here (I like to call it Hooterville) and finished moving from our rental a couple of days ago. No, I haven't stayed away from the news in our country, even the happenings in California...heck, I still have family in CA.


However, the news of  the skinny white punk who entered a well known black church in Charleston, SC, and shot/killed 9 worshippers for no reason other than racial animus and hatred, well, it's almost too much to bear. Pundits on both sides immediately pounced...even the President of the United States. The only people not treating the tragedy as an opportunity seemed to be the people of Charleston and the families of the victims themselves. While the president was busy fundraising and calling for "us to do something about gun violence," others were spouting the mental health angle, and still others we're wondering (aloud, mind you) why black youths who commit crime are called "thugs," while white criminals are called "disturbed." Really?


But why am I the problem, you ask? Well, as I observed the country tumbling into a sort of divisive abyss, I felt there was nothing left for me except to simply get out...or get out of the way. Especially in California, if you're not a left-leaning liberal Democrat, or a political/professional elite (you know, actor, athlete, artist, or activist) well, you're really not welcome. What good could I do, I thought? Nobody wanted to work together, certainly not our leaders, NONE of them...


I even contemplated moving to Mexico, but aside from the fact that they don't really want Yanks there either, it wouldn't have made sense to continue paying US taxes while living in another country. Plus, I don't feel that the direction the country is headed warrants such a drastic action. Hey, I'm more Libertarian than anything, so if a collectivist, re-distributive, bloated government is what the people want, I'll make it work for me and my family...I hope. Still, even though I've kept writing my blog and waiting for the proper moment to jump back into the fold, I can't help but feel that I've abandoned my country.


So, how can I help? That's all I ever wanted to do...it's why I chose the line of work I did for 26-plus years. But, how exactly can I help? I'd be pleased as punch to hear from any (either) of my readers with suggestions. Seriously, watching and monitoring the media and calling them out from time to time does not seem to be catching on...it's almost like you "have to" pick a side to be taken seriously, seriously...


...I DON'T WANT TO BE A FOX NEWS BUTT BOY...but quite frankly, they're probably the only media organization that would have me (well, until the "butt boy" comment)...because nobody in the quote-unquote mainstream media wants any kind of oversight, that's for sure...and the left wing media, well, I'd rather slit my wrists (hey, put away that switchblade!). Most of all though, I'm getting tired of inserting my (warranted) perspective into all these tragic stories...when it seems that most others don't give a rat's ass...but yeah, I'm the problem...right...








Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]